Reef November 2022 Recap: From Winning Best Ecosystem Award to The Rich List Race Weekend Sponsorship & more!
New listings, winning the Best Ecosystem Award at the Middle-East Blockchain Awards 2022, sponsoring the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Race Weekend with The Rich List Group, multiple hackathons, and a lot more remarkable events have made November an exceptionally successful month at Reef. These successful strides have brought us considerable positive publicity, resulting in a surge of interest in our work in the Middle East.
We’re also thrilled to share that this is not it, as we have a lot more planned and can proudly say This is just the beginning! But before we unveil those, here’s a quick recap of the major highlights for November.
Keep on reading to stay updated with our latest developments.
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Race Weekend
- Reef sponsored the 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Race Weekend, managed by The Rich List Group. We took this opportunity to interact closely with some other players in the blockchain industry, attending the event and spreading the greater word about our ecosystem.
- Following the deal, gigantic banners and hoardings of Reef were put up at prominent locations in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, including airports and UAE’s iconic Sheikh Zayed Road. These posters have caught the eye of bystanders and passersby everywhere around the city.
- After successfully integrating Reef Chain, the leading crypto exchange, Bitget listed $REEF. Bitget also launched a $REEF Trading Fiesta with rewards of $7,000 in $REEF tokens.
- Popular Indian crypto exchange CoinDCX, which has 10.3M+ active users, listed $REEF with the REEF/USDT and REEF/INR (fiat) pairs.
- Wirex, a borderless multi-cryptocurrency payment platform with 4.5M+ users, listed $REEF (ERC-20). Users can now deposit, buy and spend $REEF in any corner of the world.
- Isekaiverse, a next-gen decentralized anime Metaverse based on the TV show 'Mystic Reign', chose to migrate its Anime Metaverse to the Reef Chain. Isekaiverse will also integrate the Reef Chain wallet into its platform and deploy Isekaiverse native token $ISV and NFT Collections on the Reef Chain. Read more here.
- Decentralized cloud protocol, StackOS will provide its decentralized hosting solutions to DApps developed on Reef Chain. Developers on Reef Chain will also be able to deploy their DApps seamlessly and efficiently onto their decentralized cloud. Read more here.
- Reef won the Best Ecosystem Award at the Middle-East Blockchain Awards 2022. This is a testimony of Reef's prominence in MENA as an emerging Gen-III L1 blockchain. The award show was hosted by Arabian Business amidst the 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix race weekend.
- Reef hosted the Online #Web3HackDays Hackathon from 16th to 29th November. Up for grabs were prizes in the form of sponsorships and invitations to Reef #Web3HackDays Bengaluru.
- Router Protocol, StackOS, and LBank came on board as a partner for the #Web3HackDays Bengaluru.
Video Series Ft. Denko Mancheski, the CEO & Founder at Reef
- Watch our CEO & Founder, Denko Mancheski, explain in a detailed video how Reef differs from other EVM-compatible Layer 1 blockchains.
- Team Reef participated in Token 2049, the premier Web3.0 event for founders and executives of leading Web3.0 companies to share their views on the market. The event provided us with the perfect platform to mingle with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Reef DevRel, Chitransh, and Developer, Boidushya hosted a 2-day event at the renowned Indian college, Birla Institute Of Technology And Science (BITS) Goa, where 500+ student developers participated, and many showed interest in building their dApps on Reef Chain. Following the event, Reef also launched a Hackathon which concluded successfully on 16th November.
AMAs, Twitter Spaces & Community Calls
- Our CEO & Founder, Denko Mancheski, hosted the next Reef Community Call on 28th November. During the call, he spoke about various topics, including the latest Reef Chain developments, roadmap, new updates, ongoing online hackathon, and #Web3HackDays.
- We hosted Andrei Tara, CEO & Founder of Openfabric, on our Discord channel on 14th November for a round of AMA.
- Derek E. Silva, Operations Lead at Reef, attended an AMA on the Bitget Telegram channel on 16th November, where he spoke about Reef’s expanding ecosystem, latest updates, and roadmap.
- Derek also joined a Twitter Spaces session by Router Protocol on 28th November, where he shared his thoughts about scalability, interoperability, the future of Web3, and more.
- Reef Tech Lead, Matjaz Hirsman and Head of Growth Cassie Doubleday attended the Reef Web3HackDays Twitter Spaces Spaces on 30th November with our event partners, including Router Protocol, LBank, StackOS, Metaschool, Bluelearn, Recorem, Hyderabad DAO & OG Club DAO. The topic of discussion was “Why NOW is the best time to BUIDL in Web3!”
- Reef developers Boidushya Bhattacharya, Matjaz Hirsman (Dev Lead), and Phillip Galaviz attended a Twitter Spaces on 1st of December for an AMA session about Sqwid app’s technical updates.
And that’s not all. A lot more is yet to come this December to mark the perfect end of the year. Stay tuned!
Reef is an EVM-first blockchain designed to make Web3 accessible for the next billion users. Reef offers high scalability, affordable transactions and utilizes Nominated Proof of Stake, extensible EVM, and on-chain upgradability. Reef is the future blockchain for NFTs, DeFi, and gaming. It can easily accommodate the needs of the future of Web3 development. Reef is an ideal blend of old and new, a trait that makes it eternal and timeless.
Stay tuned to our socials, and never miss any updates from Reef!
🌎 Website: https://reef.io
🐦 Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reef_Chain
🗣 Discord: https://discord.gg/reefchain
💬 Telegram: https://t.me/reefchain
📸 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reef.io
🤖 Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ReefDeFi/